Thursday, March 3, 2011

Batelle Darby Creak Metro Park

Yesterday was a nice sunny day, still chilly but so sunny that Greg and I couldn't resist going outside. We got in the truck and headed toward Batelle Darby Creek Metro Park. Neither of us knew how to get there but I knew the general direction and somehow we actually found it. I was kind of surprised when I saw the sign. We parked and found a trail, I grabbed the bag of almonds out of the car and we started walking and snacking. It is fun to have no idea where you are going. The trail was grass so it was pretty wet and muddy. I never wear the right shoes, the ones I like to wear leak but I somehow managed to keep my feet dry. We found a steep little side trail  to follow, this is where we could get a good close look at the creek and listen to the rushing water. I love the sound of water. We also got to see some neat looking fungus. Everything else seems to be dormant. We went back up to the main trail and crossed a pretty wooden foot bridge. We started to get chilly shortly after that so we headed back to the truck. I am proud of myself for knowing the names of the forest: sycamore, oak, burdock but there is so much more to learn. There are supposed to be some buffalo somewhere in the park but I have no idea where they are. The picture is of me with some dried fungus. I was standing on top of a log. I really enjoy being outside, I can't wait until it gets warmer so we can be out all of the time.


No comments:

Post a Comment